All personal data are dealt with in compliance with the applicable rules on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data (currently Regulation (EU) 2018/1725).
The following data protection information notice outlines the criteria by which the Polish Space Agency, as the ENTRUSTED Consortium member under the Grant Agreement No. 870330, collects, manages and uses personal data on behalf of the EUSPA in relation to the online subscription to ENTRUSTED newsletters.
Identity of controller and data protection officer:
Data Controller: European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA), Head of the Market and Development Department, Janovskeho 438/2 170 00 Prague 7, Czech Republic,
Data Protection Officer: EUSPA Data Protection Officer, Janovskeho 438/2 170 00 Prague 7, Czech Republic,
Purposes of data processing:
- To establish a lists of subscribers wishing to receive ENTRUSTED newsletters.
- To send ENTRUSTED newsletters to the subscribers.
- To send a satisfaction survey in order to obtain feedback on the content of the newsletters.
Data/Categories of data concerned:
Subscribers to our newsletters (referred to as data subjects) are requested to submit the following mandatory personal data: name and email address.
No additional personal data is collected for the purpose of sending out satisfaction surveys, as they are sent out directly to subscribers.
Recipients/Categories of recipients of the data processed:
Access to personal data is granted on a ‘need to know’ basis to:
- Data processors: the following external contractors which are bound by personal data protection rules equal to those applying to the EUSPA:
- A limited number of staff of the Polish Space Agency managing subscriptions.
- Staff of the Polish Space Agency’s contractor in charge of communication services, and management of subscriptions.
- Staff of the Polish Space Agency’s contractor, including its subcontractors (i.e. sub-processors), in charge of providing cloud hosting servers.
- Staff of the Research Executive Agency (REA), as Contracting Authority in the frame of the Grant Agreement No. 870330, may also access personal data, in their quality of managing and monitoring the aforementioned Grant Agreement.
Any recipient of personal data will be reminded of its obligation not to use the data received for other purposes than the one for which they were transmitted.
Legal basis/Lawfulness of the processing:
Processing of personal data is based on the consent of the data subject, in compliance with Art. 5(1)(d) of Regulation 2018/1725, whereby data subject has unambiguously given his or her consent to provide the data necessary for the subscription to the newsletter.
Information on the storage locations and retention period of personal data:
- Personal data will be stored electronically on the servers of the Polish Space Agency’s contractors, including cloud hosting servers, which are located in the EU.
- Personal data will be retained for 7 years after the expiry of the Grant Agreement No. 870330 for audit and discharge purposes. Once the retention period is over, personal data will be destroyed.
Your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling.
Newsletter subscribers (i.e. data subjects) have the right:
- To obtain confirmation as to whether or not his or her personal data are being processed, access the data and obtain detailed information on the processing;
- Of rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- Of erasure of personal data if the statutory provisions are met;
- Of restriction of processing if the statutory provisions are met;
- To data portability, allowing to obtain and reuse personal data for their own purposes across different services;
- To withdraw the consent to personal data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the consent’s withdrawal;